front end developer
We are moving aggressively into the healthcare market, with a mission to remake and reinvigorate the patient/consumer experience. We need someone as passionate about technology as we are, to bring great ideas in this space to life. We’re constantly learning, pushing ourselves with new tech, and excel at building unique digital experiences that motivate people to get engaged and take action.
As a front end developer, you’ll be a core member of the creative team, and will bring digital projects to life in collaboration with our designers, writers, strategists and account specialists. You’ll contribute to the overall vision and direction of projects, using your knowledge of modern web technologies and trends. Working under the direction of the VP of Technology, you’ll be building cutting-edge projects such as interactive tools, data visualizations, complex hospital websites and 3d product tours – with an opportunity to branch into other media such as mobile apps, AI, VR and AR. You’ll work with numerous clients in the healthcare and B2B space, all they way from interactive prototypes through final production code – working both as a development lead and part of a larger team as needed.
Required Skills and experience
- Solid experience with a popular CMS such as Drupal or Wordpress. Capable of building an entire CMS-driven site on your own, or as part of a team.
- Experience building responsive web projects that work great on mobile.
- Is obsessively up to date on new web and tech trends, always trying to learn and push themselves
- Ability to translate designs into working sites/products that look as initially intended
- Experience with an iterative/agile design process and prototyping, as well as a more traditional waterfall model.
- Is comfortable with a modern build workflow including using CSS pre-processors, task runners, collaborative tools such as GIT, etc.
- Has experience working on a team with other developers
- Is comfortable speaking intelligently about development/technology with clients
- 3-5 years experience building websites and web applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred, some formal education required
- Can manage projects with minimal oversight and direction
Additional skills and experience
- Experience building native mobile apps for either Android or iOS.
- Experience with JS frameworks such as Angular, React, Vue, etc.
- Experience with the creation of interactive tools beyond a simple ‘website’ such as interactive calculators, animated infographics, engaging online experiences.
- Web interaction and animation experience with WebGL, JS, HTML5 or other video based motion graphics programs
- Other platform experience with AR/VR, AI, chatbots, wearables, beacons, micro controllers etc.
- Experience with E-Commerce websites
- Web design skills beyond pure development
- Past work either on staff or as a vendor for an ad/marketing agency
If you believe we’re a good match for each other, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover Letter (including work samples and description of role you played in each one)
- Project & code samples
No calls please, and no recruiters or staffing agencies. We will reach out if we believe there is a fit and want to further discuss.