White Rhino is looking for a Controller and business manager working under the direction the President and CEO, to play a lead role in managing all finances and business operations of the agency. Our ideal candidate will have experience managing all aspects of a professional service company’s (preferably marketing or consulting agency) finances, payroll & benefit administration, hiring and HR oversight, and office management oversight. We are looking for an experienced financial controller to independently perform all aspects of financial management, from transaction processing to strategic participation in agency planning and financial decision-making.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Independently responsible for all agency financial processes, including accounting, billing, payables, GL management, financial reporting, budgeting & forecasting, month and year-end closes, agency payroll & compensation, revenue recognition, tax- and treasury-related functions;
- Prepares monthly balance sheets, profit/loss statements and other requested/required financial reports, maintaining adequate controls over receipts and disbursements;
- Ensures that the agency’s cash flow is adequate to meet its commitments;
- Monitors all costs associated with running the agency, and reports to management as requested;
- Contributes to agency strategy and business operations, including maintenance of banking, legal and accounting relationships;
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings, including collaboration with public accounting firm regarding annual tax return preparation;
- Prepares revenue and expense forecasts upon which management decisions can be based;
- Administers all benefit and insurance-related functions, including company health & welfare benefit programs and retirement plans;
- In coordination with the hiring manager, oversees the hiring processs, obtaining job description and requirements, posting position at appropriate websites/locations, interfacing with recruiters when appropriate, overseeing prescreening interviews, and handling logistics of interviewing.
- Responsible for all administrative functions needed to ensure a valuable benefits package is available to staff, including program administration, communication and employee enrollment;
- Responsible for keeping all employee policy content up to date with regard to changes in laws/regulations, and notifying employees of all such changes or alterations to agency policies.
- Oversees office management, including facilities management and interface with IT.
Desired experience & qualifications:
- Finance or Accounting degree and experience in a small business environment;
- Must have professional services background, ideally marketing/advertising or consulting agency;
- Requires Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks proficiency;
- Experience with Function Point or similar project accounting software;
- Self-managed and resourceful;
- Analytical mindset and innate curiosity;
- Strong personal integrity and work ethic;
- Excellent written/verbal communication, interpersonal, negotiating and problem solving skills;
- Available to work out of our Lexington, MA headquarters and travel as needed.
If you believe we’re a good match for each other, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.